Magnets exhibit the following properties:
- All magnets have two poles: the North Pole and the South Pole
- Magnets attract ferromagnetic materials such as iron, nickel, and cobalt.
- The magnetic force of a magnet is stronger at its poles than in the middle.
- A freely suspended magnet always points in North-South direction.
- There are two types of magnet: Permanent and Temporary magnets. Permanent magnets remain magnetized even without the influence of the external magnetic field. While, temporary magnets lose their magnetism when removed from the external magnetic field, such as an iron pin.