Following are a few properties of matter waves:
- Matter waves are not electromagnetic in nature
- Matter-wave represents the probability of finding a particle in space.
- Matter waves are independent of the charge on the material particle.
- Electron microscope works on the basis of de-Broglie waves.
- Matter waves can propagate in a vacuum, hence they are not mechanical wave.
- The number of de-Broglie waves associated with nth orbital is n.
- The phase velocity of matter waves can be greater than the speed of light.
- The number of de-Broglie waves associated with the nth orbital electron is n.