Some of the technical and institutional reforms made in the field of agriculture in India are listed below:
The technical reforms introduced to help farmers are listed below.
- Started using High Yielding Variety (HYV) seeds.
- Increased use of chemical fertilizers.
- Use of better irrigation facilities.
- Use of various scientific methods of farming
- Increased the use of fertilizers.
- Increased use of tractors.
The institutional reforms introduced by the Government, to help the farmers are given below.
- Crop insurance was provided for disease, fire, cyclone, flood, and drought.
- To provide loans to farmers at low interest rates, banks, cooperative societies, grameen banks were established.
- For the benefit of farmers, some of the schemes introduced were the Personal Accident Insurance Scheme (PAIS), Kissan Credit Card (KCC).
- To help the farmers, special agricultural programmes and special weather bulletins were introduced on television and radio.
- To check exploitation of farmers by middlemen and speculators, procurement and remunerative prices, minimum support price was introduced by the Government for many important crops.