Flora means the plant life of a particular area.
FLORA AND FAUNA
- Flora- The plant life of a particular area.
- Fauna- The community of animals in a specific region or habitat.
- Flora is the plant life existing in a particular area. Fauna is the animal life that is present in a particular area. The type of flora and fauna found in a particular region determines the biodiversity in a particular region.
- The biodiversity in a particular geographical location depends on abiotic factors like soil, water, air, wind etc.
- India also contains a variety of flora that includes the Alpines, temperate forests, deciduous forests etc.