Environment performs a crucial role in healthy living and the existence of life on planet earth. Earth is a home for diverse living species and we all are dependent on the environment for food, air, water, and other needs. Therefore, it is important for every individual to save and protect our environment. The environment affords many resources, from medicine to food. Moreover, the environment is home to countless species of organisms, some of which are on the verge of extinction. Another factor accelerating the extinction of organisms is the destruction of their environments. Most maximum organisms need their natural habitat to thrive. Without it, organisms may perish.
Ill effects on environment
- In the current outline, our population has experienced explosive growth.
- Our current population reaches 7.5 billion and this is not productive for the environment
- Ever-increasing population encourages a threat to nature and results in a shortage of resources.
- This means that the number of natural resources obligated to sustain this large number is tremendous. Also, we are practising these natural resources without any thought for a rapidly growing population along with our technical ingenuity.
Technology and Environment
- With the advancement of technology, we now have started using oil, minerals, metals, wood, paper and many other items at an extensive rate which is not favourable for future generations.
- We have also wrecked thousands of acres of forest, which is an important natural resource for the sake of agriculture and economic development.
- Thus, our consumption of oil and the rate of clearing forest area has reached the peak stage
- Due to these threats on natural resources, we are facing an overall increase in the atmospheric temperature which is termed as Global Warming.
- Some of our water sources such as rivers have become extremely polluted to the level of being toxic while the rest are in danger of being contaminated.
Conservation of Environment
- Conservation of environment means the preservation of forests, land, water bodies, and minerals, fuels, natural gases, etc. To assure that all these continue to be available in profusion. All natural resources when are together then only a life can sustain on this planet earth . Life would not be conceivable without air, water, sunlight as well as other natural resources present on the earth. Thus, it is mandatory to conserve these resources in order to retain the environment integral.
Measures to conserve Environment
Listed below are few points to conserve our mother nature
- Deforestation also referred to as degradation or loss of forests needs to be controlled or hopefully stopped.
- Fuelwood and timber should be utilised appropriately.
- Lakha of trees are destroyed because of forest fires. Hence forests must be protected
- Afforestation must be encouraged and awareness regarding this must be generated.
- Reforestation and afforestation need to be promoted throughout the world.
- Forest management and forest departments must take keen actions in preserving the wildlife and forests
- Care and habitation need to be provided to extinct species and efforts need to be taken to save them from becoming extinct.