- The apoenzyme is the protein part of a conjugated enzyme, and the coenzyme is the non-protein part.
- The combination of the apoenzyme and the coenzyme results in the formation of a functional enzyme which is called holoenzyme.
- Enzymes help speed up chemical reactions in the human body.
- They are essential for digesting food, nerve function, muscle, respiration, and among thousands of other roles.
Conjugation of enzymes to antibodies involves the formation of a stable, covalent linkage between an enzyme.
- Coenzymes, support the functions of enzymes.
- The coenzymes share electrons with the enzymes, rather than lose or gain electrons.