The resources that are available in a particular region and can be utilized in the future are known as potential resources. The exact quantity and quality of the resource are unknown. To make the best use of these resources, advanced technology is required.
- The availability of mineral oil in major parts of India where sedimentary rocks are present can be used but due to lack of technology, it cannot be used.
- The presence of Uranium in terrains of Ladakh is known but again due to lack of technology, it cannot be used.
- Installing solar power and wind power station in Rajasthan and Gujarat is another example of a potential resource.
Optimisation of these potential resources
Optimizing these resources is very important. Instead of importing these resources from other countries, we must try to implement the foreign technology and advanced skill available from our home country and utilize the available resources of our own motherland. We can optimize these potential resources by the following methods:
- Implementing the foreign technology on the extraction of these resources
- Creating awareness about the resources to the local people about resources and asking them to set up small scale industries that help in the development of the resources
- Innovating new skills and smart ideas and utilizing the potential resources in a better way
Advantages of optimising
- Utilising our own potential resources helps in enhancing the skills and job opportunities in our country
- The chance of unemployment problem may reduce
- Will add economy to our government
- Money spent on importing of these resources can be saved
- We can export our resources to other nations