The atomic mass of an element is the average mass of the atoms of an element measured in atomic mass unit.
Manganese, a chemical element that has a symbol Mn and atomic number 25. T he element is not found as a free element in nature but available in combination with iron and other minerals.
54.938 g / mol is the atomic mass of Manganese.
Listed below are the few uses the element Manganese
- It is an essential trace element for living creatures.
- It is mainly used to decolourize glass and to prepare violet-coloured glass.
- Steel contains 1% manganese to increase the strength and improve the workability.
- Manganese steel has 13% manganese which is very strong and used for railway tracks, rifle barrels, safes and prison bars.
- Drink cans are made from an alloy of aluminium that contains 1.5% manganese, improving the resistance to corrosion.