Ethanoic acid is commonly known as acetic acid. Let us know more about acetic acid.
Ethanoic acid belongs to the group of carboxylic acid. Ethanoic acid is a type of weak acid.
- Ethanoic acid (CH3COOH) belongs to the group of carboxylic acids and is commonly called acetic acid.
- It is slightly heavier than water with a density of 1.05 g/cm3.
Uses of ethanoic acid
- Ethanoic acid is widely used in many industries.
- Commercially it is used in the manufacturing of esters, vinegar, and many polymeric materials.
- Vinegar has been shown to reduce high concentrations of blood sugar