The cultivation of grapes called Viticulture.
- Grapes will grow in most climate zones in the United States, the types of grapes grown for wine, eating or juices are had a much more limited growing area.
- Timely fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and pruning activities are a must to protect the crop.
- Grapes can be eaten fresh as table grapes, or they can be used for making wine, jam, grape juice, jelly, grape seed extract, raisins, vinegar, and grape seed oil.
- A viticulturist specializes in the cultivation or culture of grapes, especially for winemaking.
- Most of the area of grape cultivation is in Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.