India lies to the north of the equator between 6° 44′ and 35° 30′ north latitude and 68° 7′ and 97° 25′ east longitude.
- India is located in the northern hemisphere of the world.
- The Tropic of Cancer (23°30’N) passes almost halfway through the country India. It is North from the Equator, that passes through the middle of India. The Tropic of Cancer passes through eight states in India
- From the extends south to north, the mainland of India extends between 8°4’N and 37°6’N latitudes.
- From the other extends west to east, India extends between 68°7’E and 97°25’E longitudes.
- Due to the great longitudinal extent and difference of about 29°, ta wide differences in local time of places located at two extreme points of the country.
- The difference between these two points would be approximately of about two hours.