Our body comprises of 206 bones. Among them, the longest and shortest bone are mentioned here.
The longest bone:
The Femur or thigh bone is the largest and heaviest bone in the human body. At the proximal end of Femur, there is a rounded prominence which is called as the Head of the Femur.
- It is the largest, longest, and strongest bone in the human body.
- The femur runs from the keen to the hip. It carries all the upper body weight.
- The other parts of the leg are tibia, femur, fibula, and keep cap also known as patella.
The shortest bone:
The smallest bone in the human body is called stapes, located in the middle ear.
- The size of the staples is 3mm × 2.5mm.
- There are three bones in the middle ear – Malleus, stapes and Incus.
- The Stapes is the smallest of the three bones and it looks like a bell.