Bhangar is an older alluvium that is clayey and cooler, with lime nodules known as Kankars that are found in doabs.
The Bhangar Plains
- These are older alluvial plain which represents upland alluvial tract.
- These areas are well-drained and make it suitable for cultivation.
- This area lies quiet above the flood limits of the neighbouring rivers.
- The soil is rich in humus and it gives a high yield due to the rich amount of minerals and humus in the soil.
- It comprises calcium carbonate nodules called ‘Kankars’ which are impure in nature.