The polar diameter of the Earth is 44 km.
- The earth is the third-nearest planet to the sun.
- The diameter of the Earth is only 12,742 km.
- In size, it is the fifth-largest planet. It is slightly flattened at the poles.
- The Earth shape is described as a Geoid.
- Conditions favourable to support life are probably found only on the earth. It has water and air, which are very essential for survival.
- The air has life-supporting gases like oxygen. From the outer space, the earth appears blue because its two-thirds surface is covered by water. It is also called a blue planet.