The power generated in a windmill depends on the speed with which the blades of the windmill are rotating, which depends upon the wind speed.
A windmill is a type of working engine. It converts the wind’s energy into rotational energy. American colonists used windmills to grind grain, pump water, and cut wood at sawmills.
Advantages of wind power
- Wind power is cost-effective.
- Wind energy doesn’t pollute the air like a power plant
- The wind is a domestic source of energy.
- Wind turbines can be built on existing farms or ranches.
- Windmill electricity is a source of renewable energy.