The volume of the water is minimum at 40C.
- Water is a chemical compound consisting of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom.
- Water is the main compound found in living organisms. Approximately 62 percent of the human body is water.
- About 71 percent of the Earth’s surface is covered by water.
- Water is the third most abundant molecule in the universe, after hydrogen gas (H2 ) and carbon monoxide (CO).
- The chemical bonds between hydrogen and oxygen atoms in a water molecule are polar covalent bonds.
- Water readily forms hydrogen bonds with other water molecules.
- One water molecule may participate in a maximum of four hydrogen bonds with other species.
- The molar mass of water is 18.01528 g/mol.