D) Natural gas
The correct option is D) Natural gas.
Natural gas is defined as a mixture of gases that are rich in hydrocarbons. Gases such as carbon dioxide, methane, nitrogen, etc are found naturally in the atmosphere.
Natural gas is used as fuel for the generation of electricity and heat.
It is a colourless and odourless gas that burns easily and consists of methane.
Below are the properties of natural gas:
- 564°C is the ignition point of natural gas
- 4% – 15% is the flammability limits of the gas
- 0.36 m/s is the maximum flame velocity
Properties of natural gas
- The state of the natural gas is gaseous form.
- It is tasteless, odourless, and colourless gas.
- The calorific value of the gas is very high.
Uses of natural gas
- It is used as fuel in vehicles in the form of CNG.
- It is used as a source of energy for generating electricity, cooking, and heating.
- The production of fabrics, glass, steel, etc can be done using natural gas.