Anamudi is the highest peak in Western Ghats.
- Western Ghats is a mountain range that runs parallel to the West Coast of Indian Peninsula.
- Western Ghats runs through the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- The height of the Western Ghats progressively increases from north to south.
- The highest peaks include the Anai Mudi (2,695 metres) and the Doda Betta (2,637 metres).
- Western Ghats is one of the eight biological hotspots of the world.
- There are many wildlife sanctuaries, national parks and reserve forest areas in Western Ghats.
- Western Ghats starts at Songadh town of Gujarat.
- Western Ghats ends at Marunthuvazh Malai, Swamithope in Tamil Nadu.