Answer: (2) Earth
The closest planet to the Sun is Mercury. And then, the second the nearest planet to the Sun is Venus, and the third the nearest planet to the Sun is Earth.
- Mercury is the smallest planet in the solar system.
- Mercury is one of four terrestrial planets in the Solar System
- Mercury’s axis has the smallest tilt of any of the Solar System’s planets.
- Venus takes longer to rotate about its axis than any other planet in the Solar System.
- Mercury and Venus are the only planets in the solar system that does not have a moon.