The second is a fundamental unit. The rest are derived units
- Fundamental units are all those units that are independent of any other unit (including themselves).
- Fundamental units cannot be further reduced to the elementary level; these are elementary units.
- Fundamental units cannot be expressed in terms of derived units.
- Only seven fundamental units exist in Metric System or SI system.
- Derived units are all those obtained by multiplying and/or dividing one or more fundamental units with or without introducing any other numerical factor.
- Derived units can be reduced to their elementary level, which is composed of fundamental units.
- Derived units can be expressed in terms of fundamental units.
- There exist numerous derived units in the Metric System.