Venus is known as Earth’s twin because the two planets have a very similar composition, are about the same size, and have almost the same mass.
- There are eight planets in our solar system.
- In order of their distance from the sun, they are: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
- All the eight planets of the solar system move around the sun in fixed paths.
- These paths are called orbits.
- Mercury is nearest to the sun.
- It takes only about 88 days to complete one round along its orbit.
- Venus is considered as ‘Earth’s-twin’ because its size and shape are very much similar to that of the earth.