Infrared radiations from the sun are used to heat the solar cooker.
Advantages of using a solar cooker
- Solar cookers use no fuel.
- Eco-friendly and cost optimised.
- Reduces carbon footprint by cooking without carbon dioxide-based fuels.
- Cooking is hygienic and nutritious.
Disadvantages of using a solar cooker
- It will not work under cloudy weather
- Solar cooking consumes more time than cooking under a stove
- The manufacturing of solar cooker is costly.
- Difficult to cook some thick foods such as large roasts and loaves of bread.