The crocodile is the reptile that is characterized by the presence of a four-chambered heart.
Characteristics of Reptiles
- Reptiles are a class of vertebrates made up mostly of snakes, turtles, lizards, and crocodilians.
- Instead of possessing gills like fish or amphibians, reptiles have lungs for breathing.
- Reptiles Are Four-Legged Vertebrate Animals.
- The Skin of Reptiles Is Covered With Scales
- Their metabolism depends on the temperature of their environment.
- Reptiles Are Oviparous (Egg Laying)
- Reptiles have several bones in the lower jaw, only one of which, the dentary, bears teeth.
- Almost all reptiles and amphibians have three-chambered heart, except crocodile.