Answer: Uttar Pradesh
The largest wheat producing state in our country is Uttar Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh stands fourth as per area and first population-wise. Uttar Pradesh contributes to its economy in agriculture mainly by producing wheat and sugar cane.
- Wheat is considered as the Rabi crop
- Requires a cool growing season and bright sunlight at the time of ripening
- Requires approximately about 50 to 75 cm of annual rainfall that is evenly distributed over the growing season
- The Ganga-Satluj plains in the north-west region and black soil region of the Deccan are two main wheat-growing areas in India
- Wheat is the second most important cereal crop and also main food crop, in the north and north-western part of India