Kalhana was a famous Sanskrit poet. Kalhana was the author of the famous Rajatarangini.
- Kalhana was a Kashmiri Hindu.
- He was born in the family of Chanpaka, a Kashmiri minister who served King Harsa of the Lohara Dynasty.
- Rajatarangini is a historical chronicle and metrical legend, particularly of the Kings of Kashmir.
- To write his account, Kalhana used different sources such as earlier histories, accounts of the eye witnesses, documents, and inscriptions.
- It was written in 12th Century C.E.
- Rajatarangini was written in Sanskrit.
- There are 7826 verses in Rajatarangini.
- This is divided into 8 books called Tarangas (Waves).