Food is one of the basic components of our life. It helps to provide all the basic vital nutrients like proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates, fats, and minerals to our body. All nutrients provide energy to our body. When our body gets energy for the metabolism in our body and our body functions in a proper manner.
How food helps our body metabolism?
Our body functions when food is consumed. The organs start functioning when food and energy are supplied.
- Organisms need to take food to get energy and perform life processes.
- A living organism undergoes many life processes like nutrition, respiration, digestion, transportation, excretion, circulation of blood, and reproduction. To perform all these life processes the organism needs energy and nutrients.
- The energy to the organism is supplied through food.
- The intake food helps to perform all the activities and also develops the immunity to fight against infectious diseases.
- The vital nutrients absorbed by blood from food also plays a major role in healing the wound and curing the disease attacked to the organism.
- Food is a basic vital ingredient which plays a superior role in maintaining, function, and development of the organism. Hence, organisms need to take food.