Democracy is a form of government in which the rulers are elected by the people. One chief factor common to all democracies is that the government is chosen by the people. It also helps students to demarcate between democratic and non-democratic governments.
Why democracy is the best form of government?
Democracy is the best form of government due to the following reasons
- The rulers of the nation are elected by the public.
- It is a government run by and for the people.
- Democracy improves the quality of decision-making.
- Democracy provides a method to deal with differences and conflicts.
- Democracy enhances the dignity of citizens.
- Democracy is better than other forms of government because it allows us to correct our own mistakes.