The effect of food waste has enormous consequences.
In addition, the United Nations reports that even 1 square meal a day is barely affordable to one in nine individuals in the country. It means that more people die of malnutrition than of any other illness.
Ways to avoid food wastage
Five ways we can avoid food waste
- Shop for the small amounts of foodstuffs
- Don’t cook too much yourself,
- Manage to preserve food by keeping it in the fridge
- Attempt to make the leftover food with new foods
- Before cooking, take a look at your serving numbers.