The four properties of Ionic compounds are:
- Ionic compounds are solids
- These compounds have high boiling and melting points.
- They are usually soluble in water and insoluble in solvents, such as petrol, kerosene, etc.
- Ionic compounds hold a strong force of attraction between the positive and negative ions.
- In solution, these compounds conduct electricity, whereas, in the solid-state, they do not conduct electricity. This is because of the presence of moving ions.
Explore more such questions and answers at BYJU’S.