Exercise – 23
1. The number of students who absented from the class during a week are given below:
|No. of Absentees||6||2||4||2||8|
Take the scale = 2 absentees
Draw a pictograph.
|Day||Number of absentees|
2. The number of stools in five rooms of a school are given below:
|Number of stools||30||40||60||50||20|
Taking the scale = 10 stools, draw the pictograph.
|Room Number||Number of Stools|
3. In a class test, the number of students passed in various subjects are given below:
|Number of students passed||15||25||10||20|
Taking the scale = 5 successful students, draw the pictograph.
|Subject||Number of students passed|
4. The number of fans sold by a shopkeeper during 6 months are given below:
|No. of fans sold||30||40||60||50||20||30|
Taking the scale = 10 fans sold, draw the pictograph.
|Month||Number of fans sold|
5. The following pictograph show different kinds of trees planted in a park. Each symbol represents 8 trees. Look at the pictograph and answer the questions given below.
(i) How many mango trees are there?
(ii) How many banyan trees are there?
(iii) How many neem trees are there?
(iv) How many trees are there in all?
(i) Number of mango trees = 3 × 8 = 24
(ii) Number of banyan trees = 4 × 8 = 24
(iii) Number of neem trees = 5 × 8 = 24
(iv) Total number of trees = number of mango trees + Number of banyan trees + Number of neem trees =
= 24 + 32 + 40
6. The following pictograph shows the number of scooters sold by a company during a week.
Scale used is = 6 scooters sold.
|Day||Number of scooter sold|
Study the pictograph carefully and answer the questions given below.
(i) How many scooters were sold on Monday?
(ii) How many scooters were sold on Tuesday?
(iii) On what day of the week was the scale of the scooters maximum? How many scooters were sold on that day?
(iv) On what day of the week was the scale of the scooters minimum? How many scooters were sold on that day?
(i) Number of scooter sold on Monday = 5 × 6 = 30
(ii) Number of scooter sold on Tuesday = 4 × 6 = 24
(iii) The sale was maximum on Friday.
Number of scooter sold on Friday = 7 × 6 = 30
(iv) The sale was minimum on Saturday.
Number of scooter sold on Saturday = 2 × 6 = 30
Practise This Question
|NCERT Books||NCERT Solutions||RS Aggarwal|
|Lakhmir Singh||RD Sharma Solutions||NCERT Solutions Class 6 to 12|