BYJU’S make scoring 90+ marks in Math and Science super easy, says Shreya Amritkar
“How to prepare for the final exams? Will I be able to complete the paper on time? What are the best tactics to score well in IIT/NEET?”
These are the most frequent questions that pop-up in every student’s mind while studying for exams. Preparing for boards and competitive exams like IIT/NEET simultaneously can be challenging if not planned well. BYJU’S’ student Shreya from Pune, who recently topped her school in 10th boards, shares tips on how to prepare for exams with ease. Scoring 97% in her boards, Shreya aspires to be an engineer like her elder sister and has set plans to crack IIT exams.
“Exam anxieties are common when one is not well prepared. My elder sister has taught me how to set targets and achieve it. I am following her footsteps to achieve my goals,” smiles 15 year old Shreya.
Her secret mantra:
A sports’ enthusiast, whose favorite hobby is solving math; Shreya wants to be an expert in the subject like Byju Raveendran. Wearing the crown of school topper while balancing her interests in sports (football and chess), we asked Shreya her secrets to success at a young age.
“Hard-work and structured planning are the keys to achieve any goal. Scoring 90+ in subjects like science and math in 10th grade can be a bit challenging as the syllabus is pretty vast. Thus, I started preparing for my boards from 9th grade onwards. I worked out a simple timetable which helped me to maintain a study routine for 2years without any break. Simultaneously, I started going through every topic on BYJU’S app before and after my school lessons. This helped me understand every concept very well right from the basics.”
Tips from the topper to ace exams:
A district level football player who goes through rigorous practice every evening after school, Shreya prepares her daily routine according to her sport classes. Be it in sports or studies, she believes in taking one step at a time and maintain balance. She shares few tips on following a healthy study routine which helped her understand and enjoy studying:
- Make a habit of studying every day to keep up with the pace of studies at school.
- Since math requires daily practice, ensure to solve minimum 10 math problems every day before going to bed. Shreya practices the math sample papers from BYJU’S – The Learning App.
- Know your syllabus well and plan accordingly. Maintain a monthly timetable according to the school schedule and study.
- Use BYJU’S App to understand the concepts of Science and Math. The app breaks down each concept into subtopics and explains with the help of animation and games.
- If you are planning for IIT, NEET or any other competitive exam, plan your study timetable accordingly.
- Solving lot of practice papers and mock test papers helps in understanding better. BYJU’S App teaches shortcut techniques to solve tough and lengthier math problems within seconds which comes handy during competitive exams.
- Last but not the least, it is important to understand the concepts instead of memorizing them as the questions set for each year are different.
Learning efficiently with BYJU’S:
A student of Sinhgad City School, Pune, Shreya got to know about BYJU’S when she was in 9th grade.
“When I saw the BYJU’S TV ad, it made me super curious to check this new way of learning.The animation and the fun ways of explaining concepts helped me understand better, as well as save a lot of time. The puzzle and the games are an added flavour which make me like Math and Science even more. With BYJU’S App backing my studies, I never felt the need to take up extra tuition. My mentor, Upasona ma’am has always followed up with my daily exercises and constantly motivated me to achieve my targets. All thanks to the amazing team, I could score well and become a school topper.”
Her sister Sayali adds, “Since our parents are busy at work, I used to help Shreya with her studies. At times, it was difficult for me to manage my own studies as well as help her with her doubts. All thanks to BYJU’S – The Learning App, she could manage her studies of her own. In fact, I have noticed her growing interest in studies and her curiosity to know more. We are very proud of her 10th results and have already bought the 11th & 12th courses of BYJU’S as it has really improved her studies.”
A special thanks to her amazing mentor Upasona who has been a constant pillar of support and motivation for Shreya 🙂
Like this story? Read similar stories at The Learning Tree.
To know how to Learn Better and Score Higher, call us on 9243500460.
Books are Tanaya Goswami’s first love and cheesecakes come a close second. Talking about movies, music, calligraphy, politics, and Elon Musk will get you listed under the friends’ section of her diary. Ever since moving on from her job as an English lecturer, she spends her time at BYJU’S crafting stories filled with emotion and sprinkled with sarcasm. Outside of work, she’s either learning something new (French, most recently!) or is curled up with a book and a cup of coffee. She firmly believes that discovering what you don’t know is the key to knowledge and is constantly working towards improving herself.
Drop in a line at email@example.com if you liked her stories, have something nice to say, or if you have compelling ideas to share!
Share This Post
Get a call from BYJU’S experts to understand how BYJU’S Learning Programs can help you learn better and score higher
- The What, Why & How of a Career in – Genetic Engineering
- MALALA DAY – Celebrating the Brave Achiever that is Malala Yousafzai
- BYJU’S make scoring 90+ marks in Math and Science super easy, says Shreya Amritkar
- Van Mahotsav – The Festival to celebrate the forests in India
- BYJU’S and Discovery India announces the launch of India’s biggest ever School Quiz Show, “The Discovery SCHOOL SUPER LEAGUE powered by BYJU’S”