Create your Own Creative Space – World Habitat Day
What is a Habitat?
A habitat is considered to be the natural environment in which a particular organism lives in.
World Habitat Day was initiated by the United Nations to bring into notice the effects of growing population on destruction of habitat – not just of animals, but of ourselves. The day, celebrated on 1st October, reminds us that a healthy habitat not just helps us lead healthy lives, but means a better life for people around us also.
Here are a few ways you can make your house, your habitat a happier place for yourself, and an environment friendly zone.
- Your own positive space – Find a space in your house with natural lighting, a comfy cushion and fresh breeze.
- Less is more – Be selective about what you keep in your space, the more cluttered it is, the more stress it induces.
- Your room is your canvas – Make your room your creative space – decorate with things that inspire and motivate you.
- Embrace nature – Decorate your room with plants, let the natural lights in, open your windows early morning to let the breeze in.
- Be the light saver – Try making minimum use of electrical appliances. LED and other lights often induce stress when sat under for long hours.
Like this story? Read similar stories on The Learning Tree page.
Ankita Dutta is a STORYWEAVER at BYJU’S. Avid reader and writer by day, a classical singer by night, Harry Potter nerd, a film aficionado, and the classroom joker in her yesteryear. Ankita believes that words can influence to a point where they change personalities and ideologies. Wish to contact her about intriguing debates, writing trends and stories? Drop in a mail to email@example.com