When Friendship meets Photography
Do you remember your first birthday celebrations? Do you remember blowing candles, cutting the cake, and popping balloons with your friends? Is the answer to these questions, a resounding yes? Say thanks to your parents for capturing your first beloved memories.
Today, it is little wonder that we can quickly go back to our memories with family and friends with a tap on a screen. This month celebrate the spirit of photography with the joy of friendships. Make it a hobby and make it memorable.
Did you know?
Photography began after the invention of the first photography process – Daguerreotype – in 1837. On August 19, 1939, the French government announced Daguerreotype as a free gift to the world, except Britain. They had to pay. Thus, August 19 came to be known as World Photography Day.
Why you must try photography?
- Improves your concentration
- Boosts observation skills
- Makes you a better decision-maker
- Sharpens creativity
This month, explore photography as a hobby and learn the basics tips on how to get started.
What you need:
- Camera: You can either use a smartphone or a digicam or a DSLR.
- Creativity: The art of taking great pictures is all about the ability to think clearly and being creative. Decide on your subject and get clicking!
Pro Tip: When you have learnt the basics, consider getting a tripod. SD cards too if you want to safely store all your photography adventures.
How to take a great picture?
- Hold the camera in your right hand and keep the index finger on the shutter release and support the lens with your left hand. Hold the camera as steady as possible while taking photos to avoid blurred photos.
- Experiment by taking photos from different angles (high, low, close) and try with different settings in the camera.
- Lighting is very important and the best light for photography is the natural light. So, when you are clicking pictures, make sure you have plenty of natural light.
- To get a wider angle, move away from the object and to get a closer angle, move towards the object.
- Check the background of the object and if there are too many distractions, change the background or check different perspectives.
- Take lots of pictures as it helps you learn different techniques of photography.
Now that you know how to click a good picture, let’s get started.
On the occasion of Friendship Day, BYJU’S is conducting a photography contest-BYJUS Photography Contest-for you around the theme of Friendship. Take time to celebrate friendships in your life. Show us what friendships mean to you through pictures and win goodies.
- Each participant can submit only one entry
- Each entry must have a creative title or caption of about 25 words
- Redefine friendships
Hint: To get you thinking, think of milk and cookies or climber on a tree or your pet and his favourite toy
- All submissions on or before August 15, 2019
- Send your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get clicking, capturing and celebrating the joy of friendships!