The Key to Better Learning is to ‘Learn Everyday’
Meet Anannya Jha from Delhi – a Science nerd, a Ruskin Bond fan and a strong believer of learning something new everyday. An adventurous 13 year old, Anannya is an 8th grade student from Delhi Public School. Scoring 97% in her promotional exam, Anannya speaks about how BYJU’S – The Learning App has helped her maintain a healthy and balanced study routine.
With a keen interest in medicine, Anannya dreams of becoming a doctor. Her love for Science especially Biology has enticed her to discover more in this field.
A self-motivated child from a tender age, Anannya’s parents believe that their daughter is on the right path to realizing her dream of becoming a doctor.
“Anannya is a responsible girl. Be it her studies or sports, she plans and sticks to her day-to-day routine without being followed up by us. She uses the BYJU’S app very frequently to solve any math or science doubts. We are very proud of her and are happy that she has found such a nice study companion!” smiles Archana Jha, Anannya’s mother.
Her pathway to Success!
With a fancy for English literature, she enjoys reading Ruskin Bond’s novels. ‘The Room on the Roof’, ‘The Blue Umbrella’ and ‘The Night Train at Deoli’ remains some of her favourites. “My love for the English literature ignited many other interests in me. Currently, I am a debater and an active member of my school’s cultural event team too. Being a part of these events keeps my mind fresh and helps me to focus on my studies better,” says Anannya.
An active participant of English Olympiad at school, Anannya has already made her way into the International English Olympiads, competing with many genius kids across the world.
“I give my 100% to whatever I do. Be it my studies, sports or Olympiads, I prepare for it from the very beginning, challenging myself with new problems. This way, I push myself towards my goals every day.”
Tips from the Topper:
“I never study for the sake of my exams. I study to learn and understand the subjects. That way, I get to enjoy whatever I study rather than mugging up.”
Anannya’s tips to study are very plain and simple:
- Study to understand the concepts. It’s fruitless to mug up as it doesn’t help in the future.
- Practice, practice and practice. That’s the key. I write everything I study as it helps me to understand better.
- Subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Math have a lot of equations. Hence, I try understanding the ‘whys’ and ‘hows’ of the topics rather than simply jotting down the equations. I use BYJU’S- The Learning App to understand the practical application of all the equations.
- I prefer making ‘my own brief notes’ for each concept. That helps me to develop my methods of understanding.
- It is very important to understand oneself and the areas which require improvements. Thus, the topics which I find it difficult to understand, I try to solve extra questions from them. BYJU’S animated videos help me a lot in clearing all my doubts on tough topics.
BYJU’S App – The cherry on top!
When asked about how BYJU’S App has helped her, Anannya’s answer was very prompt. “I love watching video lessons by Anand Sir and Divya Ma’am. For me learning fiction or electric current chapters are so much fun because of the animations and games. I make sure to study from the app everyday after school. It helps me to understand my subjects better as well as refresh my mind. It is my ultimate energy booster!” smiles Anannya.
Her father Ram Nath Jha adds, “We are really happy with BYJU’S – The Learning App. Anannya loves studying Math and Science from the app as it helps her clear her doubts immediately rather than pushing it aside for the next day. BYJU’S’ offers my daughter a 24X7 learning platform that nurtures love for learning.”
We wish Anannya a very bright future 🙂
A special thanks to her mentor Priyanshi Mishra for boosting her confidence and helping her achieve her goals.
Like this story? Read similar stories at The Learning Tree.
To know how to Learn Better and Score Higher, call us on 9243500460.
Books are Tanaya Goswami’s first love and cheesecakes come a close second. Talking about movies, music, calligraphy, politics, and Elon Musk will get you listed under the friends’ section of her diary. Ever since moving on from her job as an English lecturer, she spends her time at BYJU’S crafting stories filled with emotion and sprinkled with sarcasm. Outside of work, she’s either learning something new (French, most recently!) or is curled up with a book and a cup of coffee. She firmly believes that discovering what you don’t know is the key to knowledge and is constantly working towards improving herself.
Drop in a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you liked her stories, have something nice to say, or if you have compelling ideas to share!
Share This Post
Get a call from BYJU’S experts to understand how BYJU’S Learning Programs can help you learn better and score higher
- Meet the “Real King Of The Jungle” – Celebrating World Elephant Day
- Celebrating the “First” People of India : World Indigenous People Day
- All you need to know about pursuing a career in the field of ASTRONOMY!
- The Math Genius With a Flair for The Rubik’s Revenge
- How One 8th grader Found Love in Science – Shinjan Bhatta