TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
IN BYJU’S SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
In order to recognize and encourage toppers of class 10 board exams conducted for the academic year 2019-20, Think & Learn Private Limited (“BYJU’S” or “we”) intends to offer a scholarship in the form of (i) waiver of applicable fees for BYJU’S – The Learning App’s premium subscription for JEE/ NEET or Commerce courses (“BTLA Course”) or waiver of applicable fees for ‘BYJU’S Classes’ for JEE/ NEET or Commerce courses (“BYJU’S Class Course”) (as applicable).
In order for an Eligible Student to participate in the Scholarship Program, in case an Eligible Student has attained the age of 18 years or more, then such Eligible Student, or in case an Eligible Student is under the age of 18 years, then the parent / legal guardian representing such Eligible Student, as the case may be, (in each case, “you” or “your”) must agree to these Terms. Therefore, please read the Terms carefully prior to applying for, and participating in the Scholarship Program to ensure that you understand and agree to be unconditionally bound by these Terms.
Save and except for availing Scholarship in the form of a waiver of applicable fees for BTLA Course or BYJU’S Class Course (as applicable) as provided herein, the participation in the Scholarship Program does not require an Eligible Student to purchase any of BYJU’S products.
The Scholarship Program is open only to students (“Eligible Students”),: (i) successfully completing class 10 examinations conducted by any recognized board for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
In the event: (i) the participation of Eligible Student is not permitted under applicable law, or (ii) you have misrepresented or do not comply with any provisions of these Terms, then, in either case, BYJU’S shall, in addition to being entitled to take appropriate legal action, have the right to disqualify the concerned Eligible Student and forfeit any Scholarship offered/ intended to be offered as part of the Scholarship Program.
- Scholarship under this Scholarship Program is available to Eligible Students during the period commencing from March 5 till March 17 (“Scholarship Period”).
- The Scholarship shall be available to Eligible Students only for the Scholarship Period as follows
- Special Scholarship
- Exclusive Scholarship
- The Scholarship is personal to each Eligible Student. Accordingly, any of the Scholarships availed/ intended to be availed under this Scholarship Program is non-transferable and non-assignable.
- Any of the Scholarships availed by Eligible Students in the manner provided herein cannot be exchanged for cash. Additionally, other than as expressly set out in these Terms, BYJU’S is under no obligation to provide any other scholarships (including but not limited to hardware) in order for an Eligible Student to fully make use of the Scholarships.
- Further, notwithstanding the expiry of the Scholarship Period, BYJU’S reserves the absolute right to withdraw or modify any Scholarships not yet availed by Eligible Students without any prior intimation to such students.
Without prejudice to the special Scholarship made available under Clause 3(i) above, an Eligible Student shall be eligible to avail waiver on applicable fees for BTLA Course or BYJU’S Class Course (as applicable) in the manner set out below:
Percentage secured in Class 10 exam conducted by a recognized board for the academic year 2019-2020 Scholarship as a % waiver on applicable fees for BTLA Course or BYJU’S Class Course (as applicable) 90% to 92% 75% 92.1% to 95% 80% 95.1% to 98% 85% 98.1% to 100% 100%
It is hereby clarified that an Eligible Student may either opt for (i) BTLA Course or BYJU’S Class Course (as applicable) for JEE/ NEET or (ii) BTLA Course or BYJU’S Class Course (as applicable) for Commerce course, and not both BTLA Course or BYJU’S Class Course (as applicable) for JEE/ NEET and Commerce Course.
- Application for Scholarship Program
- In order for an Eligible Student to participate in the Scholarship Program, you will be required to provide details requested on https://byjus.com/toppers-reward-program/
- Upon your application for Scholarship being determined by BYJU’S (in its sole and absolute discretion) to be eligible for the Scholarships provided herein, you will be intimated of the same by way of a telephonic call by BYJU’S’ mentorship team on the telephone number provided in your completed application at https://byjus.com/toppers-reward-program/ or such other mode as determined by BYJU’S from time to time.
- BYJU’S will have no liability whatsoever in the event the registered telephone number or other communication details provided at the time of registration is non-functional, or if functional, inaccurate.
- Restriction and Exclusions for Scholarships
- The Scholarships awarded shall be on an “AS IS” and “WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND”, express or implied basis (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- If any Scholarships cannot be made available to Eligible Students due to the restriction imposed by applicable law or for any other reason whatsoever, then in such an event BYJU’S may, at its sole discretion, not award any of the Scholarships.
- General Conditions:
- By participating in the Scholarship Program, you hereby represent and warrant that all information and documents submitted hereby are true and accurate.
- If for any reason the Scholarship Program is not capable of being conducted as planned, including as a result of infection by virus, bugs, trojans, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Scholarship Program or on occurrence of a force majeure event, BYJU’S reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Scholarship Program.
- BYJU’S shall be not liable for any delay or adverse effect caused to Eligible Students as a result of any force majeure circumstances, including without limitation, floods, natural disasters, war, act of terror, political unrests, technical snags, act of God, pandemics, or any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of BYJU’S.
- You agree that all decisions of BYJU’S in respect of the Scholarship Program are final and binding on you. Failure by BYJU’S to enforce any of these Terms in any instance shall not be deemed to be a waiver of the Terms and shall not give rise to any claim by any person (including other Eligible Students).
- Further Assurance
You agree to sign, notarize, and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability release, publicity release, provide a copy of the permission obtained parents and/ or legal guardian, and sign such other documents or provide such information as required by BYJU’S, from time to time, in connection with the Scholarship Program.
- Publicity Events:
On participating in the Scholarship Program, you agree to be involved in media activity or other promotional activity, if any, pertaining to the Scholarship Program.
- Indemnity and liability release:
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold BYJU’S harmless, and any of its employees, officers or agents from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any misrepresentation made by you in connection with the Scholarship Program; (ii) any non-compliance by you with these Terms; (iii) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Scholarship, or participation in the Scholarship Program or related activity.
- This Scholarship Program is being organised purely on a “best effort” basis and participating in this Scholarship Program is voluntary. By participating in the Scholarship Program, you will be legally bound hereby, to release from liability, and hold harmless BYJU’S, and any of its affiliates, employees or agents representing or related to BYJU’S and its services/ products. This release is for any and all liability for personal injuries (including death), property loss or damage, and misuse of the benefits offered under this Scholarship Program, in connection with any activity or directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, or participation in the Scholarship Program, even if caused or contributed to by BYJU’S’ negligence.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction:
The Scholarship Program is governed by the laws of India and courts at Bengaluru shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising in relation to the Scholarship Program and the Terms governing the same.
- Recourse to Judicial Procedures:
If any provision of these Terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the right to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Scholarship Program are hereby excluded, and you expressly waive any and all such rights.