Common Admission Test or CAT is a Computer based entrance exam for admissions into management courses in Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and other top B-schools of the country. The regulating body/exam authority is the IIM and every year different IIMs conduct the CAT exam on a rotational basis.
Though CAT is considered to be a tough entrance exam, the key to succeeding it is with time management and learning the tricks and shortcut techniques that help to ace the exam.
CAT 2017 Dates
|Availability of Online Application Forms||August 2017|
|Last Date to Apply for CAT 2017||September 2017|
|Admit Card Available to Download||November 2017|
|CAT 2017||December 2017|
Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2017
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification (recognized by HRD Ministry, Government Of India) with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories must have minimum 45% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Candidates appearing for the final year exam of Bachelor’s degree/ equivalent qualification examination are also eligible to take up CAT 2017.
- IIM has a strict verification process, hence check all the documents carefully before submitting them.
Reservations as per the legal requirements
|ST (Schedule Tribes)||7.5%|
|SC (Scheduled Caste )||15%|
|OBC (Other Backward Class – Non Creamy Layer)||27%|
|PWD (Person With Disabilities)||3%|
CAT 2017 Application Process
- Register yourself on the official website of CAT.
- On successful registration, candidates will receive a mail and SMS containing user ID and Password.
- Use your credentials to login, and fill the application form.
- Upload your signature, photograph and other necessary documents once you complete the application form.
- You can pay your application fee via various modes of payments – Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card
CAT 2017 – Application Fees
CAT 2017 – Exam Pattern
CAT 2017 exam will be a computer based test with total 100 questions to be completed within 180 minutes.
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60 minutes|
|Quantitative Ability||34||102||60 minutes|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: +3|
|Incorrect Answer: -1|
Why CAT ?
Any conscientious person periodically reaches a stage in his/her life where they ask themselves the questions like: What next? What more should I do to move ahead in life and inch closer to my dream?
Higher education, especially an MBA as an option is one of the first thing that come to mind. If you have set your sights on pursuing an MBA from an elite business school, then CAT is the beginning of your journey.
Contemplating whether to appear for CAT 2017 or maybe give it another time?
Although the idea of “next time” seems more appealing and at times “logical”, considering reasons such as lack of time, the truth is: There is no better time than NOW. Each time you decide to talk yourself out of an opportunity, you move further away from your dreams.
If you are peering into your current situation and are unresolved, let us state how attempting CAT in 2017 IS what you must do
Now that you have evaluated your situation, are you motivated to appear for CAT 2017? Are you sceptical about e-learning/coaching for CAT? Choose BYJU’s! Check out our free demo videos to know why our teaching style is better!.
CAT 2017 is going to be held in the month of December this year, prepare with Byju’s and claim your spot at IIMs with our CAT preparation tips and tricks.
For complete CAT syllabus, click here.