Solve JEE Problem
JEE Main 2017 Exam Dates and Application Form
Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main is one of the India’s most sought after examinations, conducted by the CBSE Board of India. The JEE Main was formerly known as the AIEEE or the All India Engineering Entrance Exam conducted for admissions into various IIT, IIIT, NIT and other centrally funded institutions. The decision to club AIEEE and JEE, that were conducted independently, to a single exam JEE (Mains and Advanced) was made by CBSE in 2012. Therefore, JEE main is now, also the qualifying exam for JEE Advanced conducted for admissions into various IIT and ISM Dhanbad (to be converted into IIT).
With approximately 13 lakh applicants in the year 2016, JEE Mains is the largest examination in the country. It consists of two papers-
- Paper I for admission into B.E/B.Tech. It comprises of 3 sections – Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. There will be total 90 questions from 3 sections and all the questions will carry 4 marks each.
- Paper II for admissions into B.Arch/B.planning. It consists of 82 questions where Mathematics and Aptitude section holds 80 questions of 4 marks each and Drawing section includes two questions of 70 marks in total.
What’s New in JEE Main 2017?
- For calculating ranks in JEE Main 2017, no weightage would be given to marks of Class 12th.
- Candidates must secure 75% marks in Class 12 Exam or be in the top 20 percentile in the Class 12 exam conducted by various boards to get admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs and CFTIs providing admission on the basis of JEE Main Ranks. For SC/ST students, the qualifying marks/percentage to get admission has been relaxed to 65%.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to have aadhaar number for applying JEE Main 2017. Candidates can simply enroll for aadhaar at their nearest enrollment centre, if they don’t have any aadhaar number. Also, different centres are facilitated by CBSE in various cities for aadhar number enrollment of candidates.
JEE Main 2017 Application Fee:
|Examinations||(General/OBC) (Pen and Paper Based Examination)||(SC/ST/PwD)||(General/OBC) (Computer Based Examination)||(SC/ST/PwD)|
|FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED IN INDIA||JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) or JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning) only||1000 (Boys) 500 (Girls)||500 (Boys) 500 (Girls)||500(Boys) 250(Girls)||250(Boys) 250 (Girls)|
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning)||1800 (Boys) 900 (Girls)||900 (Boys) 900(Girls)||1300 (Boys) 650 (Girls)||650 (Boys) 650 (Girls)|
|FOR EXAMINATION CENTRE OPTED IN FOREIGN COUNTRY||JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) or JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning) only||2500 (Boys) 1250 (Girls)||1250 (Boys) 1250 Girls)||2500 (Boys) 1250 (Girls)||1250 (Boys) 1250 (Girls)|
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1(B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper-2 (B.Arch./B.Planning||3800 (Boys) 1900 (Girls)||1900 (Boys) 1900 (Girls)||3800 (Boys) 1900 (Girls)||1900 (Boys) 1900 (Girls)|
JEE Main 2017 Exam Dates:
|Last date to Apply for JEE Main 2017||January 16, 2017|
|Payment of Application fee through Credit/Debit card/e-challan||January 17, 2017|
|JEE Main Form Correction Window||Jan.25 – Feb. 03, 2017|
|JEE Main Admit Card||March 1, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 paper (Pen and Paper Based Exam)||April 2, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 paper (Computer Based Exam)||April 8 – 9, 2017|
|Online Display of JEE Main Answer Key & OMR Sheet Image||April 18 – 22, 2017|
|Declaration of score card||April 27, 2017|
|Declaration of All India Rank||June 30, 2017|
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR JEE (Main) AND JEE (Advanced) –2017:
In order to appear in JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced) 2017, the candidates are required to apply online as per procedure.
Submission of Application Online:
- Visit the official website – http://jeemain.nic.in/ to apply JEE Main 2017 Online.
- All the candidates must posses a valid aadhaar number issued by CBSE facilitation centres.
- Aspirants must have a valid email ID & phone number to complete the application process.
- The candidates should provide all the required details while filling up the online form.
- On submission of details, a Acknowledgement Page with Application No. shall be generated.
- Candidates are required to take printout of Acknowledgement Page and keep it for reference.
- The scanned images of signature, left thumb impression and coloured passport sized photo must match the prescribed notification.
JEE Main 2017 Admit Card:
- The Admit Card for JEE Main 2017 can be downloaded from JEE (Main) website from 2ndweek March 2017 onwards.
- The candidates are advised to download their admit cards from JEE (Main) website only.
- A call centre will also be functional on all working days from 9.00 AM to 5.30 PM for general facilitation.
JEE Main 2017 Eligibility:
- All those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examinations or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2015 or2016; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in JEE(Main)- 2017.
- Candidates must secure 75% marks, or be in the top 20 percentile in the Class 12th examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates, the qualifying mark is 65%.
- Applicants must have taken at least 5 subjects in class 12. All those who have taken four subjects are not allowed to write JEE Main Exam.
- The maximum number of attempts which a candidate can avail shall be limited to 3.
- Those Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1992 can avail JEE Main 2017 Exam. For SC/ST/PwD, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years i.e 1987.
JEE Main 2017 Syllabus:
The subject wise syllabus for JEE Main 2017 is given below.
|Sets, Relations and Functions||General Organic Chemistry||Electrostatics|
|Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations||Alcohol Phenol Ether||Thermodynamics|
|Matrices and Determinants||Redox reactions||Wave Motion|
|Permutations and Combinations||Chemical Bonding||Rotational Motion|
|Mathematical Induction||Coordination Compound||Laws of Motion|
|Binomial Theorem and its simple applications||P–block elements||Ray Optics|
|Sequences and Series||S-block elements||Magnetic effect of current and Magnetism|
|Limit, Continuity and Differentiability||Aldehyde & Ketones||Simple Harmonic Motion|
|Integral Calculus||Solutions||Wave optics|
|Differential Equations||Solid State||Units Dimension Errors|
|Co-Ordinate Geometry||Chemical Thermodynamics||Work Energy Power|
|Three Dimensional Geometry||Ionic Equilibrium||Modern Physics|
|Vector Algebra||Chemical Equilibrium||Current Electricity|
|Statistics and Probability||Surface chemistry||Electromagnetic Induction|
|Trigonometry – 02||Atomic Structure||Physics of Nucleus|
|Mathematical Reasoning||Gaseous State||Fluids|
|Polymers||Center of Mass, Impulse and Momentum|
|Nuclear Chemistry||Kinetic Theory of Gases|
Happy Learning! Team BYJU’s
HC Verma Solutions
|HC Verma Solutions For Class 12 Physics|
|HC Verma Solutions For Class 11 Physics|