The AP Class 10 Physical Science Chapter 12 Electromagnetism discuss various effects of electromagnetism and the working of electric motors and generators.
Points to Remember in Chapter 12 Electromagnetism
- The ratio of flux passing through a plane perpendicular to the field and the area of the plane is known as the magnetic flux.
- A current carrying conductor produces a magnetic field around it.
- In an electric motor, the electric energy is converted into mechanical energy
- In an electric generator, the mechanical energy is converted into electrical energy.
- Faraday’s Law – The EMF induced in a closed loop is equal to the rate of change of magnetic flux passing through it.
- Lenz’s Law – The induced current set up in the coil is in a direction opposing the changes in the flux.
To better understand the concepts discussed in the chapter, let us look at a few chapter questions.
Chapter 12 Electromagnetism Questions
- Are the magnetic field lines closed? Explain
- Why does the picture appear distorted when a bar magnet is brought close to the screen of a television? Explain
- How can you verify that a current carrying wire produces a magnetic field with the help of an experiment?
- Draw a neat diagram of an electric motor. Name the parts.
- Give a few applications of Faraday’s law of induction in daily life.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to get the latest notification on SSC exam along with AP SSC model papers, exam pattern, marking scheme and more.