The AP Class 10 Physical Science Chapter 8 Structure of Atom, discusses the structure of an atom at an atomic level. A few of the important points from the chapter are listed in the next section,
Important Points in Chapter 8 Structure of Atom
- Bohr’s model of the atom proposed that electrons are present in a stationary state. The electron moves to a higher energy level if it absorbs energy in the form of electromagnetic energy or moves to a lower energy state by emitting energy in the form of electromagnetic energy of appropriate frequency.
- The space around the nucleus where there is a maximum probability of finding the electron is known as the orbital.
- The three quantum numbers l, n, ml describe the shape, energy and orientation, respectively, of an atomic orbital.
- The arrangement of electrons in shells, subshells and orbitals in an atom is called the electron configuration.
Now let us look at a few chapter questions, to better understand the concepts discussed here.
Class 10 Science Chapter 8 Structure of Atom
- What information does the electronic configuration of an atom provide?
- How many elliptical orbits are added by Sommerfeld in third Bohr’s orbit? What was the purpose of adding these elliptical orbits?
- What is the absorption spectrum?
- Rainbow is an example for continuous spectrum – explain.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S to get the latest notification on SSC exams along with AP SSC model papers, exam pattern, marking scheme and more.