SEBA Class 10 Maths Syllabus outlines a structure for a chapter. It sets the tune and clearly states its expectations from students. Mathematics syllabus gives an insight to students about various topics and its subtopics with time frame for each subject. It serves as an important tool to crack examinations successfully.
SEBA Class 10 Maths Syllabus
Mathematics syllabus of Class 10 SEBA Board covers topics such as Number System, Algebra, Trigonometry, etc., which gives the students a basic understanding of the concepts that they need to study in their higher classes. Going through the Class 10 Maths syllabus is necessary because the final board question paper will be framed as per the syllabus.
Find below the detailed syllabus for Mathematics for SEBA Class 10:
|Chapter No||Chapter Name||Units Required||Units Omitted||Final Marks|
|Revision Chapter||Up to Exercise R3||Exercise R4 onwards||6|
|1||Real Number||Unit up to 1.4 (i.e. up to onwards Exercise 1.3)||Unit 1.5 onwards||5|
|2||Polynomials||Unit up to 2.3 (i.e. up to Ex. 2.2)||Unit 2.4 onwards||8|
|3||Pair of Linear Equations in two variables||Unit up to 3.4.3 onwards (i.e. up to Exercise 3.5)||Unit 3.5 onwards||7|
|4||Quadratic Equations||Unit up to 4.4 (i.e. up to Exercise 4.3)||Unit 4.5 onwards||6|
|5||Arithmetic Progressions||Unit up to 5.3 (i.e. up to Exercise 5.2)||Unit 5.4 onwards||6|
|6||Triangles||Unit up to 6.4 (i.e. up to Exercise 6.3)||Unit 6. 5 onwards||6|
|7||Coordinate Geometry||Unit up to 7.3 (i.e. up to Exercise 7.2)||Unit 7.4 onwards||7|
|8||Introduction to Trigonometry||Unit up to 8.1, 8.2, 8.3 & 8.5 (i.e. Exercise 8.1, 8.2 & 8.4)||Unit 8.4 (i.e. Exercise 8.3||7|
|11||Constructions||Unit up to 11.2 (i.e. Exercise up to 11.1)||Unit 11.3 onwards||4|
|12||Areas Related to Circles||Unit up to 12.3 (i.e. Exercise up to 12.2)||Unit 12.4 onwards||6|
|13||Surface Area and Volume||Unit up to 13.3 (i.e. Exercise up to 13.2)||Unit 13.4 onwards||6|
|14||Statistics||Unit up to 14.4 (i.e. Exercise up to 14.3)||Unit 14.5 onwards||5|
|Total (Theory) 90|
|Internal Assessment 10|
|Grand Total 100|
List of Practicals in Mathematics prescribed for Class 10
- Solve a pair of linear equation by graphical method and to verify the result by any other algebraic method. (Chapter-3)
- To find the zeros of a quadratic polynomial graphically and verification of the result by any other algebraic method (Chapter-2)
- Verification of the formula for:- (Chapter-5)
- 1. Sum of first n terms of an AP
- 2. Sum of first n natural numbers
- 3. Sum of first n odd natural numbers
- 4. Sum of first n even natural numbers
- Verification of Basic Proportionality Theorem. (Chapter-6)
- Verification of converse of Basic Proportionality theorem. (Chapter-6)
- To verify that the ratio of the area of to two similar triangles is equal to the ratio of the squares of their correspoding sides. (Chapter-6)
- Verification of Phythagoras Theorem.
- Verification of the formula of area of triangle (in coordinate geometry) with the help of the formula of plane geometry. (Chapter-7)
- Applying Trigonometry to find the height or distance of an object (e.g. height of a door, height of goal post breadth of a path, distance of a wall from a post etc.) (Chapter-9)
- Construction of a tangent to a circle at any point on it, when the centre of the circle is given (Chapter-10)
- To verify that the length of the tangent drawn from an external point to a circle are equal. (Chapter-10)
- To obtain the formula for the area of a circle with radius r. (Chapter-12)
- To construct a right circular cylinder with given height and circumference. (Chapter-13)
- To construct a right circular cone with given height and circumference of the circular base. For the cone so formed, to determine its radius and height. (Chapter- 13)
- To construct a quadrilateral with given measure and then to construct a similar quadrilateral.
- To find mean, median and mode from a primary data collected by the students in a specific subject
- To Find the median from a given distribution using graph mentioned below and to verify the result. (Chapter-14)
(i) Using less than type ogive.
(ii) Using more than type ogive.
(iii) Using both less than and more than type ogive.
- Probability : (Chapter-15)
(a) To find the probability of getting head or tail from the experiment of tossing a coin 100 times.
(b) To obtain the probabiltiy of an event associated with throwing a pair of dice.
- Displacement and rotation of triangle. (Chapter-7)
To verify that under any displacement and rotation of a triangle –
(a) Distance between the verities remain unchanged.
(b) Area of the triangle remains unaltered.
- Project :
1) (a) Write a note on Euclid’s Division Lemma
(b) Wrte a note on Pythagoras Theorem
2) Write short life history of 3/4 great Mathematicians
N.B. : Students should do at least 15 practicals and at least one project work.
Learn Maths & Science in an interactive & fun-loving way with BYJU’S App/Tablet.