Syllabus is one of the most underrated tools. Syllabus covers key points to be studied by students and to be conveyed by teachers. Regular and right usage of the syllabus can make students fetch those extra marks. Science syllabus of Class 10 SEBA gives a basic understanding of the aims of a chapter, key concepts, different types of questions, different resources to refer to, diagrams, activities and experiments, practicals etc. Students of Class 10 SEBA learn various topics under Science which keeps them abreast with the latest in the world of science and technology.
In table mentioned-below, we have provided the complete syllabus of SEBA Board Science.
|Science||1.Chemical Reactions & Equations|
|2. Acids, Bases and Salts|
|3.Metals and Non – Metals|
|4.Carbon and its compounds|
|5.Periodic Classification of elements|
|7.Control and Coordination|
|8.How do Organisms reproduce|
|9.Heredity and Evolution|
|10.Light – Reflection and Refraction|
|11.Human eye and colorful world|
|13.Magnetic effects of electric current|
|14.Sources of Energy|
|16.Management of natural resources|
Chapterwise Weightage of Science syllabus
|1||Chemical Reactions and Equations||10||6|
|2||Acids, Bases and Salts||10||6|
|3||Metals and Non-metals||7|
|4||Carbon and its Compounds||6|
|5||Periodic Classification of Elements||7||4|
|7||Control and Coordination||8||6|
|8||How do Organisms Reproduce||5|
|9||Heredity and Evolution||8||5|
|10||Light-Reflection and Refraction||14||8|
|11||Human Eye and Colourful World||8||5|
|13||Magnetic Effects of Electric Current||5|
|14||Sources of Energy||4|
|16||Management of Natural Resources||7||5|
Experimental Activities Practicals/Internal Assessment Marks-10
|1||Category A: Teacher’s activity–
(Teacher will evaluate the students as
|2||Category B: Student’s activity–
Practical record book
|3||Category C : Chart/Model/Specimen
List of Science Practicals
- To prepare a temporary mount of a leaf to demonstrate its stomata.
- To show that light is essential for photosynthesis.
- To study binary fission of Amoeba or yeast with the help of prepared slide.
- To dissect and display different parts of a complete flower (China rose)
- To study the morphological characters of cockroach.
- To find the image distance due to an object placed infront of convex lens and hence to determine its focal length.
- To study the image distance corresponding to an object placed at 2f, 3f, 4f distance in front of a convex lens.
- To study the phenomenon of refraction through prism (by pin method) and hence to determine the angle of deviation.
- To study the change of current due to variation of resistance in an electric circuit.
- To study and demonstate the principle of working of electric motor.
- To show that electrovalent compounds are soluble in water but convalent compounds are not.
- To show that aqueous solution of ionic compounds conduct electricity.
- (i) To test the properties of hydrochloric acid with the help of reagents
(a) litmus solution (blue/red) or litmus paper.
(b) zinc metal
(c) Sodium carbonate
(ii) To test properties of sodium hydroxide with the help of
(a) Blue/red litmus solution
(b) zinc metal
(c) Sodium carbonate
(iii) Demonstration of a neutralization reaction.
- To detect the presence of the functional group in carboxylic acid.
- To study some redox reactions.
Learn Maths & Science in an interactive & fun-loving way with BYJU’S App/Tablet. Stay tuned and also get more updates about SEBA board and its resources too.