SEBA Class 10 Science Syllabus is one of the most underrated tools. Syllabus covers key points to be studied by students and to be conveyed by teachers. Regular and right usage of the syllabus can make students fetch those extra marks. Science syllabus of Class 10 SEBA gives a basic understanding of the aims of a chapter, key concepts, different types of questions, different resources to refer to, diagrams, activities and experiments, practicals etc. Students of Class 10 SEBA learn various topics under Science, which keeps them abreast with the latest in the world of science and technology.
In table mentioned-below, we have provided the complete revised syllabus of SEBA Board Science.
|Chapter No||Chapter Name||Units Required||Units Omitted||Final Marks|
|1||Chemical Reactions and Equations||Unit up to 1.2.5||Unit 1.3 onwards||6|
|2||Acids, Bases and Salts||Unit up to 2.3.1||Unit 2.4 onwards||6|
|3||Metals and Non-metals||Unit up to 3.4.5||Unit 3.4.6 onwards||7|
|4||Carbon and its Compounds||Unit up to 4.3.4||Unit 4.4 onwards||6|
|5||Periodic Classification of Elements||Unit up to 5.2.2||Unit 5.3 onwards||7|
|6||Life Processes||Full Chapter||10|
|7||Control and Coordination||Unit up to 7.2.1||Unit 7.2.2 onwards||6|
|8||How do Organisms Reproduce||Unit up to 8.3.2||Unit 8.3.3 onwards||5|
|9||Heredity and Evolution||Unit up to 9.3.2||Unit 9.4 onwards||5|
|10||Light-Reflection and Refraction||Unit up to 10.3.5||Unit 10.3.6 onwards||8|
|11||Human Eye and Colourful World||Unit up to 11. 4||Unit 11.5 onwards||5|
|12||Electricity||Unit up to 12.6.2||Unit 12.7 onwards||6|
|13||Magnetic Effects of Electric Current||Unit up to 13.5||Unit 13.6 onwards||5|
|14||Sources of Energy||Unit up to 14.3.1||Unit 14.3.2 onwards||4|
|15||Our Environment||Unit up to 15.2.1||Unit 15.3 onwards||4|
|Total (Theory) 90|
|Internal Assessment 10|
|Grand Total 100|
Experimental Activities Practicals/Internal Assessment Marks-10
|1||Category A: Teacher’s activity–
(Teacher will evaluate the students as
|2||Category B: Student’s activity–
Practical record book
|3||Category C : Chart/Model/Specimen
List of Science Practicals
- To prepare a temporary mount of a leaf to demonstrate its stomata.
- To show that light is essential for photosynthesis.
- To study binary fission of Amoeba or yeast with the help of prepared slide.
- To dissect and display different parts of a complete flower (China rose)
- To study the morphological characters of cockroach.
- To find the image distance due to an object placed infront of convex lens and hence to determine its focal length.
- To study the image distance corresponding to an object placed at 2f, 3f, 4f distance in front of a convex lens.
- To study the phenomenon of refraction through prism (by pin method) and hence to determine the angle of deviation.
- To study the change of current due to variation of resistance in an electric circuit.
- To study and demonstate the principle of working of electric motor.
- To show that electrovalent compounds are soluble in water but convalent compounds are not.
- To show that aqueous solution of ionic compounds conduct electricity.
- (i) To test the properties of hydrochloric acid with the help of reagents
(a) litmus solution (blue/red) or litmus paper.
(b) zinc metal
(c) Sodium carbonate
(ii) To test properties of sodium hydroxide with the help of
(a) Blue/red litmus solution
(b) zinc metal
(c) Sodium carbonate
(iii) Demonstration of a neutralization reaction.
- To detect the presence of the functional group in carboxylic acid.
- To study some redox reactions.
Learn Maths & Science in an interactive & fun-loving way with BYJU’S App/Tablet. Stay tuned and also get more updates about SEBA board and its resources too.