IBPS or Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts a common written examination (CWE) for the post of clerical cadre. The aspiring candidates applying for this post need to go through the written exam that is the preliminary and then Mains examination which is held by the IBPS.
- IBPS Clerk Examination vacancy: 19243 posts
- Name of the board: Institute of Banking Personnel Examination
- Name of the post: Clerk
- IBPS Clerk 2017 Preliminary Exam Date: 02/12/17, 03/12/17, 09/12/17 & 10/12/17
- IBPS Clerk 2017 Mains Exam Date: 21/01/18
- Qualification: Graduation
- Age limit: 20 to 30 years
- Selection Process: Online Written Test
- Start date to apply: August 2017
- Last date to apply: September 2017
The candidates needs to have a certain eligibility criteria before they apply for the online registration process. The age limit, educational qualifications and computer literacy are the aspects where the candidate needs to check in their criteria.
The clerk exam is in two phases: Prelims and Mains
Subjects in Prelims:
- Reasoning- 30 marks
- Numerical ability- 35 marks
- English language- 30 marks
Subjects in Mains:
- Reasoning- 50
- Numerical ability- 50
- English language- 40
- General awareness- 40
- Computer knowledge- 20
The Prelims and the Mains pattern needs to be followed before starting the preparation for the IBPS Clerk 2017 exam.
Like other Bank Exams, the questions of each subject in this exam will have a negative marking too. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Each candidate will have to obtain a minimum score to be shortlisted for the allotment.
After the admit card is issued, the candidate gets certain examination center, which will be conducted all across the country. The venues allocated for the examination will not be changed even if requested.
Once the candidate gets through the written examination, the selected candidates will be up for provisional allotments.
To Know more about IBPS Clerk Prelims and Main Exam Syllabus, Visit Byju’s