The weather is about day to day changes in the atmosphere. It includes changes in temperature, rainfall and sunshine and more. Students can explore about India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife from Chapter 8 of CBSE Class 6 Geography. Learn the Chapter concepts thoroughly by solving these CBSE Class 6 Geography Chapter 8 India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife Important Questions. These questions cover the major topics of the Chapter and include questions that are most likely to be asked in the exam.
Start studying by Clicking on the PDF link given below in this article to download the CBSE Important Questions of Class 6 Geography Chapter 8.
Download CBSE Class 6 Geography Chapter 8 India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife Important Questions PDF
India: Climate, Vegetation and Wildlife
1. Which are the four major seasons recognised in India?
2. Write a very short note about Sharbat.
3. Describe the terms Season and Climate.
4. What are the factors affecting the climate of a place?
5. Describe the Natural Vegetation.
6. Why are forests necessary?
7. Name our National Animal and National Bird.
8. Can you name five birds that are commonly found in your area?
9. How can you contribute to conserving wildlife? How to create awareness of conserving the habitats of the animal kingdom?
10. Name the migratory birds found in our country during winter season.
11. Which winds bring rainfall in India? Why is it so important?
12. The world’s highest rainfall occurs in Asansol. True or False?
13. Hot and dry winds known as ________________ blow during the day in the summers.
14. During which season do the states of Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu receive a great amount of rainfall?
15. ________________ forest in Gujarat is the home of ________________.
16. Plants help prevent soil erosion. How? Describe.
17. Name two places in Rajasthan where it is very hot.
18. Why do poachers kill tigers? What will happen if tigers vanish from our forests?
19. Give reasons why several species of wildlife of India are declining rapidly.
20. Who started the Project Tiger and Project Elephant and Why?
21. Name a flowering plant from the following
(d) None of the above
22. Which from these have tropical rain forest?
(c) Western ghat forest
(d) Sahara desert