Chapter 1 of CBSE Class 9 Economics introduces some basic concepts relating to production, and this is done through a story of a hypothetical village called Palampur, where farming is the primary activity. Other activities such as small scale manufacturing, dairy, transport, and so on are also carried out on a limited scale. From this chapter, students learn how various resources combine to produce the desired goods and services in the village. We have collected CBSE Class 9 Economics Chapter 1 The Story of Village Palampur Important Questions for the students to revise.
Students can download the CBSE Class 9 Economics Important Questions of this chapter from the PDF link given below.
The Story of Village Palampur
1. There are four requirements for the production of goods and services. What are they? Explain.
2. What are the items that come under physical capital?
3. Is it important to increase the area under irrigation? Why?
4. What is the difference between multiple cropping and modern farming method?
5. What are the differences between Fixed and Working Capital? Explain.
6. Describe the main production activity in Palampur. What are the features?
7. What is the working capital required by the farmer using modern farming methods?
8. How is land distributed between the farmers of Palampur?
9. Would you agree that the distribution of cultivated land is unequal in Palampur? Do you find a similar situation for India? Explain.
10. What are the main characteristics of the traditional method of farming? Mention any three.
11. Modern farming methods require more inputs which are manufactured in industry. Do you agree?
12. What are the issues that crop up due to unequal distribution of land?
13. How did the spread of electricity help farmers in Palampur?
14. Is it important to increase the area under irrigation? Why?
15. Why are the wages for farm labourers in Palampur less than minimum wages?
16. What are the different ways of increasing production on the same piece of land? Use examples to explain.
17. How do the medium and large farmers obtain capital for farming? How is it different from the small farmers?
18. Explain the issues farm labourers face in terms of unemployment. Mention three issues.
19. What are the drawbacks of modern farming methods?
20. What can be done so that more non-farm production activities can be started
21. Which are the kharif and rabi crops grown in Palampur?
22. What does the term Physical capital mean? Give different types with examples.
23. Differentiate between the traditional and modern farming methods.