India is one of the ancient civilisations in the world. It has achieved multifaceted socio-economic progress during the last five decades. It has moved forward, displaying remarkable progress in the field of agriculture, industry, technology and overall economic development. India has also contributed significantly to the making of world history. Students can explore more about the size and location of India from Chapter 1 of CBSE Class 9 Geography. Find also, the CBSE Class 9 Geography Chapter 1-India-Size and Location Important Questions to help the students in developing chapter-wise strategies to prepare oneself for the Class 9 exam.
Practising regularly with these CBSE Class 9 Social Science Important Questions of this chapter will help the students to prepare most competently for the exams. Find below the link to download the PDF of these important questions.
India-Size and Location
1. Why 82°30’E has been selected as the Standard Meridian of India?
2. Why is the difference between the duration of day and night hardly felt at Kanyakumari but not so in Kashmir?
3. What is the longitude and latitude of India?
4. Name the Indian States that have common frontiers with its neighbouring country Bhutan.
5. Which are the countries constituting the Indian Sub-Continent?
6. Area-wise which is the smallest and which is the largest state of India?
7. Classify the states into four groups each having common frontiers with
8. Name the group of islands lying in the Arabian Sea.
9. The sun rises two hours earlier in Arunachal Pradesh as compared to Gujarat in the west but the watches show the same time. How does this happen?
10. The central location of India at the head of the Indian Ocean is considered of great significance. Why?
11. Collect information about the ‘Silk Route’. Also find out the new developments, which are improving communication routes in the regions of high altitude.
12. Which are the water bodies that separate SriLanka from India?
13. India lies to the north-east hemisphere. How do you justify this statement?
14. How do we calculate the time-difference between Gujarat and Arunachal Pradesh?
15. Give a brief description of the Suez Canal.
16. What are the commodities exported from India?
17. Write a brief note about India and Its neighbours.
18. Give the significance of India’s central location.
19. Explain how India’s land routes have been important since ancient times.