People are important to develop the economy and society. The people make and use resources and are themselves resources with varying quality. Students can learn more about Population and the related concepts from Chapter 6 of CBSE Class 9 Geography. Geography is a branch of Social Science studied by students of Class 9. There are also CBSE Class 9 Geography Chapter 6 Population Important Questions that cover the crucial concepts of the chapter given below. Students can solve these questions for practice and revise the chapter for the exam.
Find below the PDF link to download the CBSE Class 9 Social Science Important Questions from Chapter 6 Geography.
1. Name the state with the lowest population.
2. What is a “Census?”
3. What could be the reason for the uneven distribution of population in India?
4. Write a note on “India’s Population Size and Distribution.”
5. Kerala has a sex ratio of 1084 females per 1000 males, Puducherry has 1038 females for every 1000 males, while Delhi has only 866 females per 1000 males and Haryana has just 877. What could be the reasons for such variations?
6. Write a note on Age composition.
7. Which are the three population density zones of India?
8. What is the difference between Total Population and Average Density Population?
9. “Distribution of Population in India is uneven.” Give examples to justify this statement.
10. A large proportion of children in a population is a result of high life expectancies. True or False?
11. Why is the rate of population growth in India declining since 1981?
12. Which are the major components of Population Growth?
13. Elaborate on the Adolescent Population.
14. Define age structure, death rate and birth rate.
15. Describe the improvements made in the health status of people of India.
16. How is migration a determinant factor of population change?
17. Distinguish between population growth and population change.
18. What is the relation between occupational structure and development?
19. What are the advantages of having a healthy population?
20. What are the significant features of the National Population Policy 2000?
21. Which is the state with the highest literacy level?
22. Define the census.
23. Write about the density of population of India.