Through the revolution in Russia, socialism became one of the most important and influential ideas to shape society in the twentieth century. Students can explore more about Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution from Chapter 2 of CBSE Class 9 History. We have also collected the CBSE Class 9 History Chapter 2 Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution Important Questions that are formulated based on the vital topics of the Chapter, thus making these the best resource to prepare for the exams. Students can also revise the Chapter thoroughly by practising these questions.
Given below is the link to access the PDF format of the CBSE Class 9 History Important Questions from this Chapter. Solve these questions and score high marks in the exams.
Download CBSE Class 9 History Chapter 2 Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution Important Questions PDF
Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution
1. Explain the Suffragette movement. Which group supported women’s suffragette movements?
2. Why were there revolutionary disturbances in Russia in 1905? What were the demands of revolutionaries?
3. Why did people in Central Asia respond to the Russian Revolution in different ways?
4. What were the social, economic and political conditions in Russia before 1905?
5. Explain the differences between liberals and democrats.
6. In what ways was the working population in Russia different from other countries in Europe, before 1917?
7. Give any significant view of the radicals.
8. Write any features of Socialism. Mention three points.
9. Why did the Tsarist autocracy collapse in 1917?
10. Who was Karl Marx? Give his views about Capitalism.
11. Make two lists: one with the main events and the effects of the February Revolution and the other with the main events and effects of the October Revolution. Write a paragraph on who was involved in each, who were the leaders and what was the impact of each on Soviet history.
12. What led to the setting up of industries in Russia by the end of the 19th Century? Give two reasons.
13. What were the main changes brought about by the Bolsheviks immediately after the October Revolution?
14. Write a few lines about the Kulaks.
15. What was the economic condition of the workers at the beginning of the 20th Century?
16. Write briefly about Stalin’s collectivisation programme.
17. Explain about the duma. Write a short note.
18. Explain the viewpoints of the conservatives.
19. What was the relationship between peasants and nobles in Russia during the 19th Century? Discuss.
20. Explain about the incident known as the ‘Bloody Sunday.’