The students who seek admission in any class in a particular school affiliated to CBSE will have to clear certain criteria and produce relevant documents during admission. For classes other than class 10 and 12, the admission criteria are simple, provided the students produce relevant documents to the school authorities.
CBSE Admission Rules for Class 10
In case of admission in class 10, schools generally do not take new admissions since the secondary level course is a two year integrated course. In certain cases, the schools consider admission, provided a student has fulfilled the following conditions.
- has completed the course of class 9 from any government recognised board and has cleared the final examination.
- the family has either got transferred or shifted to a new location.
- Satisfies the age requirements
In such admission cases, the schools would obtain a post facto approval of the Board within one month of admission of that particular student.
Documents Required For Admission in Class 10
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate signed by the Institution Head of the previous institute
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Document(s) in support of his having cleared the equivalent qualifying examination
Stay tuned with Byju’s to know more such information on CBSE schools and other related details. Byju’s also provide the latest notification related to CBSE exams to keep the students updated with the recent news.