500+ Words Importance of Communication Essay
For every human being, communication is one of the essential parts of our lives. People build relationships in their personnel and professional lives based on communication. Effective communication works as a foundation for respect and trust to grow. It helps in better understanding a person and the context of the conversation. People always believe that their way of communication is better than others. To communicate effectively, individuals should understand the motion behind the said information. We know that communication is effortless, but miscommunication between two or more individuals sometimes leads to conflicts and distress. Building relationships at home, work, and social affairs will be easier if you know the right way to communicate effectively. It is required to have better communication skills such as non-verbal communication, listening and managing stress can improve the relationship between individuals.
Meaning of Communication
Communication is essential for all of us, whether humans or animals. Communication is a part of written and spoken language, and altogether it completes the communication process. Both use different languages to communicate because it’s hard to survive in this world without communication.
Good communication skills are all about exchanging ideas and thoughts to convey information. It is a two-way conversation that includes vocalisation as well as gesture. One of the crucial purposes of communication is to express ideas, needs or thoughts, one’s belief with clarity for a mutually accepted solution.
Communication skills’ importance cannot be underestimated. Before languages were invented, people communicated with their hand gestures, body language, etc. We all require better communication skills in every step of our life. Personal and professional life will get hampered if you lack practical communication.
Importance of Effective Communication
People understand the importance of communication, but sometimes they cannot communicate through communication. It happens due to a lack of better communication skills. Below, we have discussed a few ways to communicate effectively.
- Interruption: It becomes very annoying when someone disrupts you while talking. It looks pretty unethical to disrupt someone while talking constantly, and the conversation can take a different turn. So, while talking, let the other person complete their talk before you start talking.
- Listen patiently: Listen patiently when someone tries to make a healthy conversation. It is one of the ways to do effective communication, as it gives a clear understanding of what the person is trying to say.
- View your body language: Body language speaks about your personality. Some people make uncomfortable gestures through their body language. So, you should keep your body language friendly and warm rather than keeping it arrogant.
- Do not go over your poin: Communication is all about expressing thoughts so that the other person can understand. It is not that you are trying to prove something correct and the other person incorrect. Some people try to win the conservation, which leads to struggles and arguments.
- Watch your words: Before telling someone something, make sure you know what you are saying. We often say things that we should not do out of anger or anxiety. Remember, once spoken, words can not be withdrawn. Thus, it is suggested that you do not say something that you can regret later.
- Practice: If there is a professional meeting where you need to communicate about your product or work, it is recommended to practise already. Practise in front of the mirror or with a friend only. Choose how your conversation will begin, all the points you cover, and how you will end it.
As many people may feel comfortable communicating, communication is an art developed through practice and evaluation; every good communicator passes through a process to learn communication and practice skills, review themselves, and decrease where they can be.
Communication is essential to share our thoughts and feelings to live a happy life. Better communication makes us feel better about everything surrounding us and makes us suffer less. So, it is necessary to learn the art of communication to put across one point well.
Therefore, communication is a vital aspect of our existence. Effective communication can be achieved by being mindful of different elements of communication. Using appropriate communication in appropriate settings is essential for effective communication.
From our BYJU’S website, students can also access CBSE Essays related to different topics. It will help students to get good marks in their exams.
Frequently asked Questions on Importance of communication Essay
How important is communication?
Communication of ideas, thoughts is an important skill to be acquired. Conveying things in an effective manner is necessary in both our personal and professional lives.
What are types of communication?
There are 4 main types of communication: 1. Verbal 2. Non verbal 3. Visual 4. Written
What are the factors that act as a barrier for communication?
1. Language barrier 2. Physical barrier 3. Gender barrier 4. Cultural barrier 5. Emotional barrier