FDI or Foreign Direct Investment is basically a controlling stake (ownership) in a commercial enterprise located in a country by an entity based out of another country. This is different from portfolio foreign investment with respect to the element of ‘control’. The latter kind of investment is only an unassertive investment in the securities of a foreign nation like bonds and stocks.
The Financial Times gives typical definitions of ‘control’ as the globally agreed threshold of 10% of the voting shares, however, often this is a cloudy area since even a smaller share would accord control in companies. FDI includes mergers and acquisitions, construction of new facilities, intra-company loans and reinvesting profits from foreign operations.
Given below are important MCQs on Foreign Direct Investment to analyze your understanding of the topic. The answers are also given for your reference.
Foreign Direct Investment MCQs
1. The foreign direct investment includes
A) Intellectual Property
B) Human Resource
C) Tangible Good
D) Intangible Goods
2. The three disputes of FDI are over
3. Treaty of Rome was signed in the year
4. When did Austria terrify its EU partners by involving them at a party?
5. For spreading information the Foreign policy decision-makers rely on
6. More expansion of foreign direct investment can boost
A) Money circulation
7. How will offer curve react when customers are heterogeneous?
A) Zero quadrant
B) Negative quadrant
C) Optimum quadrant
D) Positive quadrant
8. When capital and labour are moved internationally to will develop the
A) Economic growth gains
B) Capital gains
C) Gains more from income
D) Gains more from trade
9. Which industry characteristics will have free entry?
A) Mineral mining
B) Cable television
C) T-shirt silk screening
D) Satellite radio
10. When a country is specialized in particular good and then trade with other countries is called
Stay tuned to BYJU’S for more MCQ’s on economics, question papers, sample papers, syllabus and Commerce notifications.